Friday, January 30, 2009

Somebody's having a birthday...

... and fortunately, it's not me. It's our daughter, Gayle, the light of our life. Several years ago on a cold, snowy night in Ohio, this girl was born and nothing has been the same since. Bob and I often have joked that since she was born on the night of a total eclipse of the moon, there has to be something really special about her. Well there is, but it has nothing to do with moons or eclipses. As all children do, she came to this earth with her own unique personality -- full of love, humor, determination, excitement, and more. Life is never dull with Gayle in the picture. And for that, and especially for her, we are grateful.



Gayle and Bill. Today while Gayle was having lunch with a few of her friends, in walked Bill with this bouquet of balloons. I wonder, but forgot to ask, if she slithered down into the chair like she did at Farrell's Ice Cream when several of their waiters came to the table to sing to her when we celebrated her 9th birthday. I'm sure she blushed and felt special, but she's not one who cares to be the center of attention.








Cori and Gayle. Late this afternoon, Cori came over to Gayle's to bring this "wabbie" from another friend, RaCail, and her. Made with love, and embroidered "Happy __th Birthday, Gayle, Love from Cori and RaCail". I'm sure Gayle will feel the warmth of friends' love each time she curls up with her "wabbie".

2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

A "wabbie?"

And the photos are beautiful, she's a lovely girl. No wonder you feel so blessed. And now I see why those grandkids are so darling.

And fresh flowers! Oh, it looks so much like spring.

Thanks for today. You saved my very life.

Annette said...

I don't believe I've ever met Gayle, but I feel like a know her. What a beautiful woman she is! But then of course how could she help but be with the parents she has1