Thursday, January 29, 2009

Become an Engaged Citizen

Yesterday the House of Representatives passed a huge "stimulus" bill ($819 Billion), that is filled with billons of dollars of wasteful government spending that will do nothing to stimulate the economy. Fortunately, our Representative, Jason Chaffetz, joined the rest of the Republican house members in voting against the bill in a show of solidarity for sound economic practices. The bill now moves to the Senate and will be voted on early next week. While some government involvement in stimulating the economy is called for, rampant spending in and of itself is not a solution.

If you want to play an active part in determining the direction of our country at this critical time, please take the time to contact your senators. Here's a link that will take you to a website that makes it very easy to do that. Our government officials prefer email as a way for you to communicate with them, and I can promise you that I have seen evidence that flooding our senators and representatives with emails does indeed affect their vote.

Here's a link to help you contact your elected officials:

http://capwiz.com/gopusa/issues/alert/?alertid=12515966&PROCESS=Take+Action

(I'm sorry that you'll have to cut and paste into your browser because the link feature isn't working for me.)

Please don't delay. Get involved. YOU CAN make a difference.

3 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I thought you told us to become an enraged citizen and I thought, "Well, she knows me best!"

Pam said...

Can you believe it? I thought the same thing! I can be easily enraged, but becoming engaged is much more difficult. You DO make a difference you know.

Pam's Place said...

Becoming enraged is not hard if you listen to the news. I'm trying to quit.

But trying to stay engaged.