Saturday, March 14, 2009

Turning Tears to Laughter ...

and back to tears, of laughter.

Lynne is my Visiting Teacher. She's also my friend. I really should put "friend" before "Visiting Teacher" because, although she was my VT first, she now will always be my friend.

Lynne is the best kind of friend. To everyone, not just to me.

-- She listens to the Spirit and knows when someone needs special attention
-- She always sees the best in everyone and is quick to point it out
-- Lynne scatters sunshine and leaves blooming flowers in her wake
-- She lifts up the arms that hang down, comforts those who need comfort, rejoices with those who rejoice, and mourns with those who mourn
-- Lynne is one of the best listeners I know (she does more than her fair share with me)
-- She makes the very best caramels in the whole world and generously shares them
-- Lynne will drop everything to run an errand with me (and with you,too)
-- She'll drop it faster if I suggest we get a J-Dawg while we're out
-- She makes me laugh
-- Even when she wants to cry

Today we ran an errand together at the mall, and ended up in the Hallmark store browsing the cards. Lynne was subdued, and admitted she was feeling low. We talked a bit, and wandered over to a different card rack.



She pulled a card from it's place, read it and snickered.


She handed it to me. I snickered, too.


Then another...

a few more snickers.

I found this one




and laughed out loud.

It was all downhill from there.




(The signs read "Happy Birthday" "Happy Birthday" and "I like corn on the cob.")

























We weren't sitting on chairs, but if we had been, I'm sure we would have fallen off them...and rolled all over the floor holding our sides.

Life is good with a friend like Lynne.

(sorry about the blurry pictures, but it's hard to focus when everything is shaking)

(P.S. to Lynne: I hope you're feeling better this evening, my friend.)

3 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Oh Pam. What a wonderful friend you are. I will try to be all those things you said, it will be hard but I'll try. Except for the caramels, They are a cinch. Except I had to redo a batch tonight. Only time will tell if I was successful.

Thank you for your never ending friendship, through good times and bad, up hill and down and through the pot holes. We can do it together.

Annette said...

You and Lynn are both wonderful and brighten my life with your lives, friendship, and your blogs. You've also made me laugh tonight!

Anonymous said...

How blessed you are to have a friend like Lynne!