Saturday, December 1, 2007

Hearty/Hardy Souls Snow Camping

We had our first "big" snow last night -- that is, enough to cover the ground and then a little more. My husband talked me out of my nice warm bed at 6:30 to go to the canyon to see it up close. We thought we'd be the first ones there...not so. These folks came last night and stayed over. I was envious, for about three seconds, when I came to my senses. They had slept in tents.

Do you notice anything strange in this picture?














5 comments:

Heidi said...

Beautiful! We just got our first snow last night!

I don't see anything strange in the picture... The fire looks a little bigger than I'd expect, but that's all I can think of... What am I missing? :)

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

This is beautiful but...strange? Are you going up again today? Post more pictures. Loved them.

Cindy Price said...

Snow is so pretty!! I can say that because I don't live where it snows!!

I think it's strange there is no car nearby, how did they get there, where's the road? They can't even sit on the benches!! YIKES!!!

Pam's Place said...

Unfortunately, Bob got involved in an unexpected plumbing project today which kept us from going back as planned. But we'll probably go tomorrow.

Cindy, they parked in a small parking area close to the road, then walked a couple of hundred yards to get to their campsites.

I noticed their coolers and thought it incongruous or strange they had them. Why coolers when the temps outside are so cold? My niece suggested maybe just to keep the food safe from animals. Or to keep it from freezing, in which case they cease to be coolers, but "warmers". Yes, that must be it. I don't know. I've never snowcamped. It does kinda look like fun -- maybe for one night. Just to try it out. No commitments. If I could opt out in the middle of the night. Maybe.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Not coolers but warmers. Too funny!