Friday, December 7, 2007

Winter Storm Warning

I haven't forgotten that I have yet to post the "rest of the (earlier) story" -- it's in draft form waiting for me to finish. In the meantime, the forecasters are promising a nice winter storm here -- 6 to 12 inches on the benches (the area between the valley and the mountains) and up to three feet in the mountains. Ooooooooo, I can't wait! I just came home from running errands to be sure we have all the necessities (milk, bread, eggs) that we tend to run out of. We have plenty of other food in the freezer and on the shelves in the basement. But, if I know my husband -- and I think I do after being married for eons -- I'm sure we will go out in the snow, into the canyons, just to watch it come down. But at least we won't have to go to the grocery store.

Maybe while we're just hanging around here, snuggled up with hot chocolate in front of the fire watching White Christmas or It's a Wonderful Life, I'll take a break and see if I can't finish "Marina's Story".

2 comments:

Kathie said...

Good idea, Pam. I'm waiting. Maybe tomorrow when you're up to your knees in snow.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I'm waiting too. Not necessarily for the snow but I guess I'll get it anyway. Can't wait to read the rest of the story though. Were we friends forever? Your stocking the shelves/fridge is just what my Mom would do and now me too.