Saturday, February 21, 2009

Where it's warm

Well, it's all relative. I wouldn't say it is "warm" exactly, but it is surely warmer than it has been in Provo. High yesterday at Zion was probably about 50 degrees. Today in St. George and Snow Canyon was about 65. Here's a peek...




Coming out of the tunnel







Zion Lodge...


View from our deck:




One of our little hikes


Gayle would be proud: even this scary sign didn't deter "Psafety Psycho" from the hike on this trail






On to Snow Canyon (named after early Mormon settlers, Erastus and Lorenzo Snow)








Wasatch Brewery has capitalized on Utah culture in naming their brews. One is called Polygamy Porter, and the caption beneath reads "Why have just one"? The little pizza place we ate in just outside of Zion served beer -- not to us -- and this advertizing was on the wall. Unfortunately I didn't get a good picture of the poster above it which was for "Provo Girl".

3 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Thanks for the photos since I never go ANYWHERE I live through others. I'm not bitter, oh no. Seriously, they were beautful. I love the coming-out-of-the-tunnel one and the waterfall and the sign, falling off the cliff, especially. Why am I not taking care of the cats?

Anonymous said...

I'm glad Psafety Psycho plodded on. I'm not sure I would have because I hate falling over cliffs. Remember the North Rim at the Grand Canyon...

Annette said...

What I kept noticing was the absence of SNOW! What a beautiful trip.