Wednesday, May 13, 2009

The Latest Dirt



It's 11:15 P.M. and past my latest self-imposed bedtime. But I couldn't go to bed without sharing the latest dirt.

Ok, it's not just dirt. If you look reeeeeeally closely, you might be able to see a few very tiny seedlings in the middle of the picture above. You might need to zoom in on the picture. And be sure you have your glasses on (if you wear them). I'm so proud of these little guys -- they've come up several days ahead of schedule.

That's my dinner in late June. Or at least part of it. Lettuce. We've also put a few tomato plants in, several head lettuce plants, a cucumber,a broccoli plant and a brussel sprouts plant -- there are only two of us, and whatever comes from those two plants I'm sure will be plenty. Not yet in dirt are the zucchini plant(s), another cucumber, two Roma tomatoes, and lots of green bean seeds.

Which reminds me. There may be frost tonight (forecast says 39 degrees), so I've gotta run out and cover up my babies.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I saw a seedling! Good job, Pam.

Annette said...

Wow, I'm impressed. If you give me some zucchini, I'll make you some bread!