Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Seven Weird and Random Things

I have been tagged with this meme.
Here it goes….....First, the rules:

1. Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2. Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself.
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4. Let each person know that they’ve been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Ok, here goes:

1. Oh, yikes! Maria tagged me a few days ago (Oct 30) and I never got around to doing this. I'm sorry, Maria! I hope this will count for you, too, and I'm tagging you back :-)

2. Probably the most out-of-character thing I can think of about myself -- that is, if you met me, you would never guess -- is that I played drums in our high school band. I discovered in my 8th grade year that I wanted to be in the band in the very worst way and it was far to late to learn how to play a real instrument, so I took drum lessons because they needed drummers. I was not good, but I was a warm body. The other drummers were really great guys and they put up with me and helped me tremendously. Band was the very best part of high school.

3. I'm a cat person. That's not really a "weird" thing, but it is a part of who I am. I'm convinced I was born loving cats although my family didn't have one until we moved to the country when I was 9. Since then I have had too many to count. I like cats because they are genuine. You never have to wonder where you stand with them. We have three cats now, Daisy and Oreo, who I mentioned an earlier blog, and MamaCat who lives indoors because she only has three legs and wouldn't be safe outside. She is my very best (non-human) friend.

4. I don't lead a very exciting life. But that's ok with me. I'm pretty happy with keeping things low-key and safe. I'm not a risk taker, and my daughter (lovingly, I hope) calls me "Psafety Psycho".

5. My husband and I were both born and raised in Toledo, Ohio, and had no intention of ever leaving there. Fortunately (because of the way things turned out), he lost his job and after two years of being unemployed, he joined the Army. I went kicking and screaming to Killeen, Texas, and eventually learned to love our new way of life. Since then we have lived in Jacksonville, Florida; San Francisco, Maryland, and now Utah. I think Barbara Streisand had a song many years ago called, "Anywhere I Hang My Hat is Home". That's me. I've loved moving around and meeting so many wonderful people.

6. I only have one sibling, my sister Kathie. You will probably read about her much on my blog because she's a very important part of my life. Always has been. We live thousands of miles apart, but there are very few weeks that go by that we don't talk on the phone, and sometimes it's several times in one day.

7. I only have one child, my daughter Gayle. I probably won't write too much about her, to protect her privacy. She's the greatest and has brought more joy into my life than I could ever describe. She's the antithesis of an only child -- generous and outgoing, and definitely not spoiled. (....a little pampered, maybe, but definitely not spoiled)

Well, there you have it. Now I'll have to find someone to tag, and hope that I can figure out how to post links to their blogs.
I was tagged by Cathy

I have tagged Lynne, Maria, Heidi, Cindy. Aprilyn , Janet, and On the Edge

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow, thanks for tagging me, Pam! You made me feel very special. :)

I recently figured out that hiding link behind text myself (had to ask my husband how)...

When you're typing, highlight the text you want to have the link. Then go up to the tool bar and click on the button that shows a chain link above the earth. A box pops up where you put the URL that you want to link to. Then press "OK" and you're done! Hope that helps. :)

Thanks again for the tag! I'll enjoy writing it.

Cindy Price said...

My first tag, thank you very much for thinking of me. I tagged you back. Heidi gave great directions for the hidden link. Good luck!!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Hummm. Pam, dear, you know seven things aren't enough for my weirdness. I'll try, just not today.

Hummm, again. What chain link above the earth? The real earth? I don't see an earth. Do you see an earth? What's a chain link?

Hummm. You will have to figure this out and teach me, just like you always do. Without you I would know NOTHing.

El Capitan said...

"Psafety Psycho"

Very funny.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

You have another feature on your blog. I'll be expecting a tutorial.