Monday, November 19, 2007

I Did it.

Just reporting back that I finally did finish my piece on Gem Beach for my Personal History Writer's Group this week. It was just the first part, but I'm patting myself on the back for getting anything written. I don't know why that is so hard, but it is. And, while I'm confessing, I'll tell you that I think blogging is hard work too. The real truth is that baring my soul to a bunch of strangers doesn't come that easy. If you were sitting in front of me, face to face, I'd happily tell you my life story -- probably way more than you would every want to know. But to sit here at the computer and just "put it out there" for the whole world to read....hmmm, not so much.

I love visiting your blogs -- have added links to some of my favorites over there on the right side of the page. There are more to add, so if yours isn't there yet, it probably will be soon. Lots and lots of great writers out there, and lots of interesting lives being lived. To somewhat anonymously peek into other people's lives has convinced me that we really all do have much in common, regardless of how different our situations are. We love our families. We're traipsing through life trying to be the best we can be. We all have our own personal "issues" and struggles. We all want to be loved and valued for who we are. We may never meet face to face, but I'm enjoying getting to know you through your blogs. Keep up the good work.

2 comments:

Michelle Kemper Brownlow said...

Hi there!
Enjoyed your blog!
Would love to come back and chat some more!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Loved this. Very tender, very heartfelt. I agree, we do have a lot in common.