Thursday, August 20, 2009

A boy and his (sister's) dog


Today was back to school for Brody and Kennedy. I'm totally in denial that my grandson is in the 6th grade, and my little granddaughter is in the 4th! They were babies only last year....weren't they? I went over to their house this morning for their annual back-to-school early morning picture taking episode. Each year it has been an "Event" with new clothes, new backpacks, big smiles, and lots of excitement. This year, it was different. The excitement wasn't there. We snapped a few quick pictures and off they ran. Carter never even came outside to be a part of it.

Another missing "person" was Smudge (the cat) who has been in every back to school picture until this year. I wondered if anyone but me noticed...






Carter will go to pre-school in a few weeks, and I know he will be excited and will pose as much as we ask, and will jabber about going to 'cool, like he did last year. For today, he was content to scoop up Lola, his sister's new puppy, who will be "his" while she is in school each day.

2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

I was closing down and going to bed but had to read what you wrote. Your granddaughter looks so grown up, like a beauty queen. The new puppy is darling. What ever Lola wants...is that how it goes?

Missing you.

Annette said...

It is so hard to watch them grow up and lose that childhood spontaneity. Such cute kids. Hope you had fun in St. George.