Saturday, June 20, 2009

Girls Camp, 1986



Gayle and Karlee at Girls' Camp in 1986. Gayle was 14, Karlee a year or two older. They were very good friends, maybe bests. I can't think of Gayle at that age, almost, without Karlee appearing in the picture with her.

This picture is classic Gayle and Karlee. It is one of my very favorite pictures of Gayle of all time. A moment in time captured the essence of the adolescent who lived in her body for a few wonderful, though sometimes challenging, years. Karlee, too. Oh, how I love these girls. And how grateful I am that I was able to be at that Girls' Camp and several others with them.

Gayle called tonight to ask me to email this picture to her. She is now a Young Women advisor and is getting a different perspective of those years. Older, wiser and she has so much to offer these dear girls. She loves them as I love the girls who were my stewardship so many years ago. She's teaching them tomorrow and this picture fits into the lesson. It must be about friendship.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pam, that's a classic. A story lurks in that photo, I'm sure.