Friday, June 5, 2009

Garden Update

Bob and I got a comparatively late start in the yard this year because of the cold weather lingering. Working in the yard, particularly the garden, is gratifying. Take a little patch of dirt, sprinkle a few seeds and plunk in a few small plants, add water and sunshine --- a little love doesn't hurt, either --- and some patience, and voila! you have something to eat. As much as the fruits of my labors, I love going outside early each summer morning, and walking around the yard to see "how does (my) garden grow". There is something truly satisfying in watching things grow and having a hand in it.

Here is a brief pictoral demonstration of how things are progressing in our little corner of the world.

April 27


May 12


May 18





May 29


There have been days this past week that I was tempted to sit by the beans (in rows on the left side of the garden) to see if I could see them grow. I could definitely see a difference in them from one end of the day to the other.

June 5


Lettuce


Our first tomato


Our first broccoli

2 comments:

Annette said...

It's beautiful! It looks much better than mine. I didn't plant as much, but I'm no where near getting any yeild. Way to go!

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

Amazing! And beautiful! The quail ate my lettuce, I guess I should try again. Your garden is beautiful and I love the progression photos.

You are the winner. You should get a prize. After next week maybe I'll figure one out.