Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Neighborhood History



I wonder how much the advertisers want for Tiffani. Thirteen year olds can be quite charming, much fun, and they have a natural propensity for keeping adults on their toes. I think they would be quite sorry to lose her. Do you think Tiffani was the center of attention on her birthday as a result of this offer?

This is one of the more clever announcements that has appeared on the changeable display sign at Timpview Car Wash at the main intersection of our Edgemont neighborhood. Almost every day since we moved here eight years ago this sign has greeted us with the announcement of a birthday, a missionary departure or return, wedding or wedding anniversary or new baby, or other messages of interest to folks in the area.

If the owners of the car wash who put up these notices have kept a record of them we would have an interesting history of our little neighborhood.

2 comments:

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

If I weren't so tired I'd go find Chris Clark's blog about that marquis (sp?). He seemed to know everybody that was up there. Do you remember reading it? http://thejollyporter.blogspot.com/ This isn't the right post but does lead to his main blog.

And Tiffani is now a teen, that's why she's up for sale.

Way cute though, don't you think.

Annette said...

I missed that one, I'll have to take another look. Very true about it being a part of the neighborhood, something I've never really thought about. By the way, I left some cupcakes to taste test on top of your car. I didn't know if the cats would get them, but if they did, ask them which ones they liked best!