Friday, November 7, 2008

Judging from a few comments that I have received on the poems below, I see that I have offended some people by posting them. That was not my intention. The man who wrote these things lived in an oppressive communist regime and recognizes the symptoms of that type of government. His writings are graphic, yes. He fled oppression. He is a fierce defender of the American way of life. I will not apologize for that. I'm with him.

I respect the office of the President of the United States. I will not disparage it, nor the person who holds that office. But I will exercise my right and my duty as a citizen of the United States to call any of my elected officials to task when they fail to uphold the Constitution.

Our country is at a crossroads. We can move ahead in a continued path of freedom, liberty and a capitalist society, or we can surrender our freedoms to a government who promises to "take care of us". Personally, I've always believed that individuals must be responsible for themselves, and take care of their neighbors personally rather than thru a government system. If you do not agree, I am sorry for that. But this is my blog and I reserve the right to share my feelings here.

No comments: